Monday, December 2, 2013

from Desiree

This week I decided to look into how you carry a dagger.  It may seem crazy but I really wanted to take a look at how you move with a dagger.  I figured that I should first look into stage combat videos.  Luckily, I happened upon a video from the Globe Theatre of sword and dagger combat.  To make it even better, they were two women!  Sorry guys but it does make it a little easier for me to see!  Aside from the weird fight music and the fact that it is super bright, the video does show some interesting fight choreography.  The dagger gets lost before the first minute is up.  Now, thanks to youtube's suggestions on the side I found another video.  It is from the British Museum and it is is about Elizabethan Sword Fighting!  Alison de Burgh talks an audience through the different swords, what they do, different positions, etc.  It is a longer video but it is very interesting to hear about how one would combat certain en garde positions!


Combat at the Globe Theater:

British Museum Lesson:

No comments:

Post a Comment