Friday, November 1, 2013

from Desiree

After talking about Olympic fencing this week in class I decided to look it up.  A friend of a friend was actually going to the olympics to fence in 2012 but had to have surgery.  I tried to find some videos of her fencing and when I didn't have success I decided upon this video.  It is the video of Szilagyi a Hungarian fencer winning the fencing sabre gold at the 2012 olympics.  I really like this video because from the beginning you can see his attacks.  I have watched some fencing but I have never seen how advanced the technology in their suits has become.  It's actually pretty awesome!  This video is worth watching to the end.  It is just over 13 minutes but it is very fast paced!  This gave me better insight into the way a match like this would be paced.  Now how would that work for our production of Hamlet


No comments:

Post a Comment