Monday, October 7, 2013

from Jacqueline




So this week, after watching an episode of Michael Wood’s “In Search of Shakespeare” in class, I wanted to look into “The Forest of Arden” that Shakespeare mentions in his play.
The first link leads to a blog post and comments a little bit on what is believed to have been the forest that Shakespeare was referring to.
The second link is one I got from the first article. It is a webpage about the area called Warwickshire, which is believed to be the area Shakespeare’s forest was in. Please feel free to look through it, you might find pictures and facts that will help you visualize the kind of forest Shakespeare wanted us to have in mind.
I was looking around and found this page:
In that page I found this link:
It leads to a page for a marathon called the “Shakespeare Marathon”!! I got very excited and intrigued, so I looked at who the sponsors are, and one of them is a company called “Shakespeares” and I figured that’s the reason the marathon has the name “Shakespeare Marathon.” So interesting, right? Well, turns out “Shakespeares” is just a law firm L: http://www.shakespeares.co.uk/

Now, I still wonder if there is a link with the fact that a company like Shakespeares would sponsor the “Shakespeare Marathon” which happens to be held in Warwickshire, which happens to be the area where Shakespeare’s “Forest of Arden” would seem to have been…

No comments:

Post a Comment